Friday, April 25, 2008

One Month Check-up

Yesterday was Ezra's first visit to his doctor's office. He was there for his one month check-up. He now weighs 8 pounds 6 ounces! This is a full two pound gain from two weeks ago. Great news since an ounce a day is average. This means his gain is just above average on strictly breast milk!!! After the challenges we went through in the beginning, I can't tell you how happy this made me.

Another big breakthrough last night was in the sleep department. Ezra slept for 5 hours straight. He also went to sleep directly after eating twice. A pretty big accomplishment since usually we have to walk around for about 2 hours after eating to get him down.

The truth is that I did cheat a bit. After he ate I let him sleep on my chest in the bedroom. I don't sleep well this way, but it's better than walking around. After an hour or so he'll let me put him down. In another couple of months we'll work on better sleep habits, but right now I need to get to a place where I can get enough sleep when I go back to work in 3 weeks.

No comments: